Monday, July 14, 2008

Weighty matters

Went to the lactation consultant's office at the hospital today to do a weigh-feed-weigh and a naked weigh for AB.

He took almost 2 oz from me, nursing on both sides. That was mid-afternoon. He definitely drinks more in the mornings.

His naked weight? 7 lbs, 8.8 oz, after nursing. Woot! My breastmilk doesn't suck ass. We've managed about a 6 oz weight gain since Friday. Go us.

Definitely need to get a supplementer, though. I don't mind supplementing for a bit if I need to, but AB needs to get more efficient at the boob, and bottles aren't exactly helping in that department.

2 comments:

pithydithy said...

I'm just catching up after 2 weeks without internet-- I'm so sorry I wasn't here to commiserate with you during these hard weeks. It sounds like Aidan is really improving! I'm so proud of you for working so hard to keep him nursing. I hope that he keeps on gaining!

Rhonda said...

WTG, Aidan!! I'm hoping with everything I've got that Aidan will come around and you get to experience a LONG BF experience with him.

HUGS!!