Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Huzzah!

AB weighed 7 lbs, 12 oz at the pediatrician's office today. I was astounded!!

We are also done with the bili blanket. YEA! We can have AB snuggled in bed with us again. I missed sleeping with my little man.

We'll have another weight check on Monday. We're supposed to continue with the supplements, but I'm going to try my damnedest just to nurse more. I had already cut the supplements down to 1 extra oz per feeding for the last couple of days. Had gone up to 1.5 - 2 oz per feeding to try to put more chub on the bub.

AB is already waking up a lot more often to nurse now that he's out of the bili blanket. I will supplement after nursing if I feel like he didn't get much, but I'm not going to automatically give a bottle every time.

Tomorrow is the breastfeeding support group, so I'll get another weight check as well as a weigh-feed-weigh. I'm very curious to see if AB is taking more at a time now that he's bigger.

I think the pediatrician was also very surprised at our progress.

Will have to write more tomorrow. I'm exhausted, and need to grab a few winks before the next feeding.

1 comment:

pithydithy said...

Wow, that's wonderful progress! Keep up the great work!!!!