Sunday, July 13, 2008

Better

Thanks for the comments about BFing, and the advice about block feeding. I will have to try that.

I do have "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" and have been reading the sections on slow weight gain over and over.

The bili blanket is definitely keeping AB too warm and cozy. We have to wake him to feed, and he's pretty lazy most of the time. I hope this is due to his feeling all comfy and *not* because of the bottles.

I'm going to be ordering a Lact-aid tomorrow. The environmentalist in me doesn't want all the disposable bags, but...

AB's bili level was 14.3 this morning. Yea! The pediatrician on call wasn't our doctor, so she didn't want to make the decision to take AB off the bili blanket. We'll call our doctor tomorrow to talk about next steps.

I've been pumping after every feed (and before some others) and I'm just worn out. My boobs are totally soft right now. I hope this isn't a bad sign. I'm terrified of losing my supply already. Going to lie down and try to catch a nap before the next feed.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and the advice. I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of support in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Maryam said...

Until the jaundice is gone, keep waking him up. Jaundice tends to make them really sleepy. It gets easier. Just take it one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

Boobs get soft after nursing a lot. That's just the way it goes. Don't worry. You are NOT losing your supply. The more you nurse, the more you'll have. Supply and demand (with a little lag time.) Nurse a lot today, have more tomorrow.

I'm SOO glad it is going better and Aidan is getting better. Yay. What a relief. Keep up the good work. You can do this!