Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Deflated

Yesterday we had another weight check at the pediatrician's office.

7 lbs, 12 oz.

Same as 5 days before. :-(

The doctor all but called me a shitty mother right to my face. He did say, "You are treading on the very edges of my patience...no, let me say it even better: You are seriously trying my patience."

So I've got to step up the supplements and figure out what in the hell is wrong with our breastfeeding mojo that AB can't gain weight unless I'm giving him extra at every feeding.

Lact-Aid is on order and I hope will be here Friday.

Oh, and my in-laws are driving me up the motherfucking wall. And they just arrived on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Maryam said...

Fire that doctor. That's no way to treat someone.

Is he wetting enough? Bowel movements? He's not losing weight. He might not be gaining on their schedule. Get a second opinion before you stress yourself out over this.

pithydithy said...

I agree with Maryam. That is just plain mean, rude, and shows a complete lack of understanding of the difficulties you are going through. Hugs, hon.

Anonymous said...

RUN RUN RUN do not walk to another pediatrician. Seriously! Call someone new first thing in the morning.
Also, find out what charts they are using. It's a KNOWN FACT that breast babies don't gain weight as quickly as formula babies. The doctor seems to be pushing formula hard, and he may be comparing apples to oranges.
I expect to hear you have changed doctors soon. And, HUGS! You are a great mama! Your boys are fine!

Anonymous said...

Also, go here, and read this:
http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/growthcharts.html

Anonymous said...

Hugs sweetheart. What a terrible doctor! Remember your circle of friends who are here for you.