Friday, February 29, 2008

It's a...

BOY!

Even though I said I didn't have a strong prediction about the gender, my gut feeling was boy.

Surprisingly, I am not terribly disappointed that I will never have a daughter. Maybe some day, I will grieve the loss of that dream. Or maybe S will surprise me someday and agree to adopt a little girl. (We had talked about this possibility long ago, but he claims not to remember discussing it.)

KB gets a baby brother. I think this is what he wanted all along, even though he kept saying he wanted a brother and a sister.

We have to buy almost nothing, since I've hung onto all of KB's clothes and toys.

The only thing we don't have is a name. And there's plenty of time to agree on that.

Another boy. Another very active little boy. Gulp.

3 comments:

Maryam said...

Woohoo!

pithydithy said...

You know, prior to having Finn, I thought that if I was really honest with myself, I wanted a daughter. (All those cute clothes and stuff. Plus, I'm a girl and I like me.) But now that I have a son, I realize how wonderful that is in so many ways and I would be so excited to have a little brother for him. Boys are great! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

As I was putting Aadi and Tara to sleep tonight, I remembered that your Big U/S was today, and I thought, Gosh it's going to be a little brother for K!!!!
If he's anything as cute as his elder brother it'll be fantastic.
As great as it is to have one boy and one girl, there's just something special about same sex siblings.

Hugs and more hugs to you sweetie, and kisses to sweet K.

Anamika