Friday, February 29, 2008

The big ultrasound is today

I have not blogged about the big ultrasound coming up today. I'm still feeling strangely detached from this pregnancy. Much of the time, I honestly do not even remember that I am pregnant.

The baby kicks quite a bit at night, so when I am going to sleep, I remember, and I smile, and I enjoy the feelings.

But during the day, I am generally so occupied by work, chores, and KB, that I don't think about it.

I feel bad that this baby is already getting the short end of the stick.

Anyway, any guesses about gender? I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I have had only one baby dream during this pregnancy, and that was very early on (when we still thought we were having twins, although strangely, there was only one baby in my dream).

My heart used to be set on having one boy and one girl. Now, I am not so sure. I would be sad to never have a daughter. But having two boys who grow up to be buddies would be fantastic.

Will update as soon as I can after our 3:00 appointment. Will probably take KB to The Jungle and then out to eat afterwards, so update will be later in the evening, unless I can do something quickly from my phone.

1 comment:

Maryam said...

Boy! I say boy. So in love with boys.

You know, I felt the exact way through most of my pregnancy, up until almost the end. Many times I wished almost to undo it and wondered what the hell I was thinking about it. This was a planned wanted baby.

Now here I am with Max and I don't think I could be more in love with him.