Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Where does he get this stuff?

Saturday at "Day Out with Thomas", KB was running too fast (as usual) and tripped over his own feet. He didn't cry, just got up and brushed it off. I didn't notice until later that he had scabs on both knees and on one arm. He is one rough-and-tumble kid.

Since then, every time we change his diaper, he tells us "I fell down, hurt my boo-boos".

Today I told him "We call that 'skinning your knees'. You skinned your knees."

He tried to repeat: "I crin'd my knees."

This led to, "I cracked my knees like a peanut."

Pause.

"I cracked my knees like the elephant's peanut."

It's so fun to watch his little mind make connections.

Naptime. Time for a shower and 'maintenance' since it's swimming lessons with Mommy in the pool tonight...

No comments: