Monday, August 13, 2007

Always

Whenever we go on a trip, we always manage to load up our calendar just before we leave. Always. Then I get stressed out and vow NEVER AGAIN to do this to myself.

And yet.

We leave on Saturday night. This weekend we cleaned on Saturday, hosted relatives and a couple of friends on Sunday, then spent Sunday evening after KB went to sleep cleaning up the kitchen. 2 loads in the dishwasher and there are still a bunch of dishes in the sink to wash by hand.

At least there were quite a few leftovers yesterday and people left most of them at our place, so maybe we won't have to cook much this week. Although I must say, I get tired of South Indian food pretty fast, especially when I know I'm going to have to eat it 3 meals a day for 2 solid weeks pretty soon.

Anyway, on to my current stress. Wednesday night a realtor is coming over to talk to us about listing our house (she wanted to start showing it while we were gone. Gulp! No way we can do that).

Thursday afternoon is a birthday party for the little neighbor boy that KB loves. Yes, Thursday. Afternoon. Birthday boy's mom said the party venue was completely booked on weekends in August so she chose a Thursday afternoon. Never mind that Thursday is one of my work days. Or that the party time, 1:45 pm, is in the middle of KB's nap. But I will feel horribly guilty if we don't go, since the neighbors came to KB's birthday party in July.

Friday is normally a day I stay home with KB, but I think I'm going to have to make up Thursday's work and put KB in day care that day. Friday evening S's company is having their 2nd annual "get together" at the San Mateo County Fair. And possibly Friday night, we'll go to pick up S's cousin from Oakland, bring her down here to stay the night with us, and shuttle her to the airport on Saturday afternoon.

Our flight is Saturday night -- technically Sunday morning -- around 1 am as per usual with these Asian flights.

Oh, and of course, I haven't done ANY packing yet.

Why do I do this?

No comments: