Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tis the season

The birthday party season, that is. We seem to have an overabundance of birthday parties in the summer months. And of course, we are only adding to that by having a July baby, with another on the way, ourselves.

Am I the only parent who tries to schedule parties/events around naptimes? The last 3 parties we've attended have started between 11 and 1 pm. KB generally naps between 12:30 and 2:30 (his daycare nap schedule) or between 1ish and 3ish. We try to stick to his same schedule on days off/weekends but it doesn't always work.

But even the kids from his class tend to have their parties smack dab in the middle of what I consider prime nap time. I don't get it.

Today's party was at noon, at Chuck E. Cheese. KB has been looking forward to it for weeks. He was mostly interested in the tokens and the games, which is good, because food was pretty scarce. I think there were 4-5 medium pizzas for about 35 people. KB ate the sausage and olives off one slice of pizza and didn't touch another bite. He ate the frosting off his cupcake. That's it.

I ate one slice of pepperoni pizza and S ate a slice of something and then finished off KB's denuded slice. By the time we left at 2:30, we were all starving. (Note to self: Burger King is not a good solution, even though it seemed like a good idea at the time)

KB's nap went from about 3 to 5:30, which means he's going to go to bed late tonight. Argh. S has taken him to the park to try to tire him out.

I really am grateful to S for how much time he's spending with KB lately. I am just feeling too poopy to do much of anything.

Speaking of which, the housecleaner will be here at 9 tomorrow morning, so I've got to get the kitchen and bathroom counters cleared off. Or maybe I will put my feet up for now and wait until after KB goes to bed, then try to sweet-talk S into doing most of it.

I seriously do not remember being so tired last time. Some days I wonder if I can even make it 3 more weeks. Ugh.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

You weren't so tired last time b/c you weren't chasing a preschooler last time. ;0)