Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pooped

We ended up not going to Sacramento today. I woke up this morning with some lower back pain, plus I've had a crappy few nights' sleep lately. Takes me forever to fall asleep, then once I *do*, inevitably I wake up with horrible heartburn and have trouble getting back to sleep. Argh.

Anyway, I figured driving 5+ hours round-trip, just to spend a couple of hours at the party itself, wasn't the best idea. So we passed along our regrets via a cousin who was going to the same party. I'll call the birthday girl's mom and hope that she understands. At 35.5 weeks pregnant, I think I deserve a hall pass.

We tried to exhaust KB today to see if he will sleep any better. Nowadays, he usually wakes up 1-2 times a night to pee, and then wakes up anywhere between 3 and 5 in the morning asking to come to bed with one of us. S and I have been sleeping in separate beds for a while, taking turns with the monitor. Makes sense to let one person get a good solid sleep.

KB had "Daddy and me" soccer this morning, and then we went to a local sportsplex to check it out as a possible birthday party venue. The sportsplex was having an open house today and the inflatables area was having open play -- free! Woot. KB had a blast playing in/on the various bouncy houses and slides.

Got home, had a quick lunch, and we all went down for a 2-hour nap. After the nap, S took KB to an indoor play place called Jungle Island so he could expend some more energy. Alone in a quiet house for a couple of hours -- AHHH.

But I couldn't just sit around (or nap) -- I'm still trying to sort through and wash all kinds of kiddie clothes. KB has more clothes than I ever remembered. And I did not do nearly as good a job as I thought I did packing them away. I thought everything was neatly categorized, but I have boxes that are jumbles of 0-3, 3-6 and 6-9 months.

And since KB was the king of spit-up from birth until about 7 months, I have huge stacks of clothes waiting to be pre-treated, washed, and sun-bleached in the hopes that I can get rid of the stains.

I am kicking myself repeatedly for not doing more of this prepwork over the last, oh, 6 months or so. What the hell was I doing with my time? I should have been chipping away at this instead of leaving it for the last few weeks. What a maroon.

S is taking a well-deserved break and took himself to the movies. Ah, a quiet evening. No Formula One on TV. No "Top Gear". No DVR'd crap on for background noise.

Just pure. unadulterated. quiet.

Enjoy the silence.

No comments: