Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's too darn hot

Just checked weather.com for this zip code. 72 degrees, feels like 72.

My ass.

I've just been out in the back yard, setting up drying racks for Round One of sun-bleaching some baby clothes that soaked in Biz + Oxi-Clean for almost 24 hours. (Wish me luck on that, btw).

There is no way it's only 72 degrees. Ugh, I dread the afternoon. Especially upstairs.

Had my 36 week appointment yesterday. Because of the spotting, got a surprise cervical check (yowza, was hoping to avoid those this time around!) and a swab to rule out a bacterial/yeast infection. All looks good; cervix is tightly closed and even though there is still blood pooled "in the vault" as the PA said, it's all old, brown blood. Would greatly prefer to have no blood but will take brown over bright red any day.

When I was giving my urine sample at the beginning of the appointment, noticed a lot of stringy solids in the cup afterwards. Sorry if TMI. I'm guessing this may be more of my mucus plug? I really don't know; I don't recall losing mine with KB last time so am not 100% sure I know what I'm looking for.

What else? We took KB to a ceramics-painting place last night, ostensibly so he could create something for S for Father's Day. We went with three other kids (between the ages of almost-3 and almost-4) and their moms, and one other dad for good measure.

Let me just say: four very active, rowdy preschoolers and a shop full of ceramic objects do not mix well. Amazingly, nothing got broken. However, poor S ended up wrangling the kids pretty much the whole time. He was not happy at being the babysitter. I don't blame him.

Luckily, there was a "Kids' Cave" complete with TV & DVD player, so that held the kids' attention for a few minutes here and there.

KB chose a dinosaur to paint for Daddy. Before all the kids lost interest in painting and started running around the shop like crazy, S gave the T-Rex its base coat of taupe (KB's choice). KB later added some jazzy green stripes before losing interest altogether.

I painted a photo frame and hope to use it for the first good picture I get of my boys together. I didn't paint names on it because we still haven't settled on a name for the baby. I still like "Ketan". S has now added "Aidan" to the short list. (Funny aside: folks on the Indian side of the family think the name Aidan sounds sooooooo exotic!!)

Hope the objects turn out well. We'll see tomorrow after they're glazed and fired!

OK, washer has stopped. Time to dry the laundry, and then start on the pee-soaked sheet, blanket and PJs from last night. KB's first accident since he started wearing underwear overnight on Saturday. My fault for letting him drink nearly an entire bottle of water on the way home from painting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I cannot believe how close you are getting to holding sweet baby Belur in your arms now.
Glad the spotting wasn't anything serious.

Hugs and kisses all around.

Anamima