Thursday, January 3, 2008

13 weeks

So tired.

It's a good thing I didn't resolve to be more decisive in 2008. After being 100% certain that I was going to skip the first trimester screening and go straight to amnio, yesterday morning found me lying in a darkened room, watching a much-too-small TV as an ultrasound tech gave me the most painful abdominal u/s I've ever had.

This baby moves. A LOT. Of course, I don't feel the movements yet. But at the 10, 12, and now 13 week ultrasounds, he was moving around like crazy. Moving much more than KB was at any of these stages. Another super-active child. I am in so much trouble.

The baby's nuchal fold measurement was 1.4mm. I was very pleased with that. The u/s tech also verified the presence of the baby's nasal bone, which made me feel even better. Now I have to wait anywhere from one to two weeks for the bloodwork results.

The u/s tech did a very, very cursory pass at the genitals but immediately declared that the umbilical cord was in the way and he couldn't determine the gender. I can wait to know for sure. I will be absolutely astounded if he is really a she.

Strangely, Twin A is still measuring exactly 8 weeks. I know it's supposed to take weeks to re-absorb the embryo, but I would have thought it would get smaller as the weeks went by.

KB's little brother is measuring 13 weeks, 4 days. Little overachiever.

1 comment:

pithydithy said...

I'm so happy that all is looking good with Twin A. But how sad to have to be reminded to Twin B at every sonogram. Hugs.