Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Half-Birthday, Buddy

Today marks KB's 2.5 year birthday.

2.5 years.

This morning, as we do the 7th of every month, we sang "Happy Birthday" to KB in bed. Except today, he wanted to sing the 'new' version we sang for cousin BK the other day:

Happy Birthday to you
You live in a zoo
You look like a monkey
And you smell like one too!
P.U!!!!!


Tonight for bedtime, I told KB a little story about the day he was born 2.5 years ago. His little face lit up when I told him how much Mommy and Daddy loved holding him when he was born, how it was the most special day in our lives.

And I got my own gift today. This morning, S brought KB into bed with us around 5:50. Then S promptly got a phone call from someone at work about a problem; he left KB and me to continue sleeping.

KB woke up around 6:30. He put both his arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. "Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!" he said. He looked into my eyes, still holding me, and said,

"I love you SO MUCH."

Those are the moments I want to hold in my heart forever.

1 comment:

Maryam said...

I love this age. They are so pure and sweet. And challenging, but those little moments where they do that make it so worth it.