Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An awesome potty day!

KB and I were at home yesterday so I decided to really work on the potty training.

And what do you know? He did GREAT! Went about 1.5 hours in the morning (after his first diaper change of the day). After that I tried to take him to the bathroom every 45 minutes to an hour. He stayed dry until after lunch! Then he pooped in his pull-up, so we started over.

He stayed dry through his 1.75 hour nap! WHOA!! That is unheard of for him. And he stayed dry for the rest of the afternoon. One time, he had just gone to the bathroom upstairs, and 10 minutes later he told me he needed to go again. And he did!!

Of course, we had swimming lessons last night and after that, he was a super soaker. But I am SO PROUD of him for staying dry so much yesterday! And I know he's super proud of himself too.

Now if he can just keep up the momentum at day care today. We're trying to get him to feel comfortable telling the teachers he needs to go potty. They take the kids every couple of hours, but I think he needs to go more frequently while he's so early in the learning process.

We'll be home together Friday, and then it's the weekend, so I'm hoping we can have 3 good days in a row with staying dry and peeing in the potty.

Go, KB!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I let my daughter run around naked and while my carpets need cleaning, she tells me when she needs to go. We save $$ in the pull-up dept because of this though! :) She will be 3 in Sept.