Wednesday, January 16, 2008

15 weeks

Had another pre-natal appointment earlier today. My first "boring" one (i.e., no ultrasound). Just blood pressure check (114/76), weight check (I've gained a net 2 pounds since my first OB appointment at almost 8 weeks) and a quick listen to the heartbeat.

The big news is that I've scheduled my big ultrasound. It is currently scheduled for Feb. 27. I am thinking of calling tomorrow to see if I can change the date to the 29th. One, since it's a Leap Year, why not take advantage and get a cool ultrasound date? And two, if I have the ultrasound on a Friday, KB will be home with me and can come along to the appointment. S will have to keep him under control, though. I'm hoping seeing the baby on the screen will be novel enough that KB sits still for the duration.

I'll have one appointment between now and then, but that will be another one of the quickie, boring checks.

The time is still dragging a bit, but I'm guessing things will pick up soon. At least my energy is starting to come back. I can stay up past 9 or 9:30 in the evenings now, although I still crave my naps during the afternoons.

1 comment:

Maryam said...

Lucas did very well during the ultrasound. Yes, my child did not terrorize the tech. And it was just me and him. He got his own picture. He was quite proud of it. Made the baby real to him. I think he started comprehending it a bit more.