Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blast from the past

This morning when I took KB to the ped's office for his shot, I was signing him in and dealing with the co-payment when I heard another parent in the waiting room tell his child "No, sweetie, let's share." I turned to look because I was pretty sure KB would be involved. And of course he was. I don't know who started it, but I guess KB and the little girl were tussling over the little bead & wire toy in the middle of the waiting room.

I kept one eye on the action while I finished checking in. Then I looked more closely at the kids in the waiting room (identical twins) and finally recognized the parents. We were all in the same breastfeeding support group after KB was born.

Once I recognized them, I was seriously hoping I didn't have a dirty look on my face when KB and the little girl were having their tiff over the toy.

We re-introduced ourselves and chatted a bit. They got called back first, and the mom gave me her card so we could keep in touch. She seems really nice, and it would be fun to have another mom friend and more potential buddies for KB. The twins were born in mid-June so they're just a couple of weeks older than him.

This would be a great segue into talking about my new twin nieces, if I weren't so tired. Tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a quick question for my SIL:

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, or The Nursing Mother's Companion?

2 comments:

Maryam said...

I've heard great things about both books. I haven't read either, but I'd probably go with Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (I accidentally typed beastfeeding at first) since it is a LLL publication. I'm really big on supporting them.

You never did ask me your question on nursing.

Melissa J said...

Sometimes "beastfeeding" is what it feels like. :-)

I have "Nursing Mother's Companion" but I see they have a new edition out since I read it.

I've heard really positive things about "Womanly Art..."

I'll ask you my nursing questions in e-mail.