Saturday, July 21, 2007

How does he know these things?!

This morning KB woke up at 5:30. Nothing new. He was crying for Mommy so I went into his room in the hopes of getting him to sleep a little longer.

He wasn't standing up in his crib -- he was lying down and calling out for me -- so I took that as a good sign that he might go back to sleep easily.

We keep a comforter and blanket on the floor next to his crib because there are many nights/mornings one of us sleeps there in the hopes of teasing out more rest for all of us.

Anyway, this morning, I put a blanket on KB, patted him, and lay down on the comforter on the floor. I lay on my side with my back to the crib.

KB looked at me and immediately said, "No, Mommy, lay forwards, not backwards."

WHAT?!?!? How does he even know 'forwards' and 'backwards', much less how to use them in something approximating the right context?

I swear, he says things daily that astound me.


P.S. He did not go back to sleep. :-( Any tips for getting a 2 year old to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00 would be more than welcome.

No comments: