Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Vax

5:40 this morning. Ugh. At least I went to bed before 10 last night. Even the room-darkening shades we bought haven't helped KB sleep later. I'm out of ideas.

Anyway. We "get" to go to the ped's office this morning so KB can get Round 2 of his Hepatitis A vaccine. I would have never thought to give him the Hep A vaccine, but in February, when I casually mentioned to our ped that we were about to go to Thailand, he said we should get the vaccine.

We do tend to travel to places like India and Thailand more than the average bear, so it seems like a valid idea.

I'm pretty sure I'm skipping the anti-malaria medicine the doc offered for KB, though. I remember the first time I went to India and got anti-malaria meds. The doctor told me, "Now, if your in-laws seem really weird to you, or if you just can't stand them, it may not really be *them*. It may just be the meds."

So I don't think I'm all that keen on KB having weird psychological reactions when he doesn't fully have the ability to tell us what's bothering him. Most of the people we're going to meet in India, he won't have seen for 18 months (not that he will remember any of them). Even the relatives he's seen most recently, he met 6 months ago. He's already going to be very overwhelmed with the crush of people. No sense compounding that.

Of course, now I have to figure out if mosquito repellents with DEET are really safe for a 2-year-old. You'd think, with my extensive medical background courtesy of Google University, I'd already know all these things.

No comments: