Friday, July 27, 2007

Today's conversation

Driving in the car today...

KB: What's dat kid doing, Mommy?
Me: He's cutting the grass.
KB: Like Papa!
Me: Yep, just like Papa. Wow, you remember that?
KB: Like [KB]'s Papa!
Me: Do you want a toy lawn mower so you can cut the grass like Papa?
KB: No Mommy, I no wanna toy, I wanna big lawn mower.

This kid has a good memory. He saw my dad mowing the lawn one time when we were in Arkansas a month ago, and he still remembers it.

He cracks me up. A little farther down the road, he called out:

"Look Mommy! Der's da lar-berry."

Lar-berry? I had him repeat it a couple of times trying to figure out what he was talking about. Then I finally figured out, he was talking about the new library under construction around the corner from our house.

Ooops, should go take a shower while he's napping or I'll never get one today...

No comments: