Wednesday, October 24, 2007

He can be very sweet, too

Just so I don't end another day on a negative note, here is a glimpse of my boy's sweet side.

Last night, we turned out the lights and I put KB into his crib. I asked him, "Do you need a blanket, or is it too hot?" He replied "Too hot" so I left him uncovered.

I lay down on the comforter next to the crib, as I do every night for a few minutes. KB asked me, "Mommy, you need a blanket?" I smiled in the dark as I told him no, I didn't need a blanket either.

Then he replied, "Thank you." I was puzzled.

He continued, "Thank you for asking if I need a blanket, Mommy."

Sometimes his sweetness sneaks up on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweety,
There is NOT a toddler mom in the world that hasn't been in your shoes, so don't even worry about 'the looks' you get from people. When Aadi decides to raise hell in public I compeletely focus on him and don't even bother looking around to see how people are reacting.
And handling a toddler by yourself for 2 weeks is no apple pie. Been there, done that and would NEVER like to be a single parent again, even for a day.
Also, I've started to recognise that when Aadi is in one of those 'moods' it's best not to expect much from him and unless it is absolutely essential, I skip all chores and just bring him home and let him do his thing at home. So much easier to deal with.

PS I once carried a screaming Aadi in one arm and Tara in her carseat on the other arm, from his class to our car. The looooooooooooooongest 5 minutes of my life!!!!!!!!!