Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Better late than never (?)

Finally bought holiday stamps. Started putting stamps on all our Christmas card envelopes and noticed that I used up all our cute address labels last Christmas. D'oh! No way to re-order them in time.

If I am lucky, I will have a batch of cards to send out tomorrow and Friday. I'll save the local ones for last; if I mail them Saturday, they might get delivered on Christmas Eve.

Every year I tell myself I'm going to get Christmas cards done early. Um, yeah.

Lots going on here lately. Nothing major, nothing bad -- just a lot of activity. Will catch up about it one of these days.

It's really cute seeing KB getting into the whole Christmas thing. He loves the tree and can't wait for the lights to be turned on when he wakes up in the morning.

We've been s-l-o-w-l-y putting presents under the tree, one or two at a time, so KB doesn't go nuts. So far, so good. He has only tried to open one and didn't throw a fit when I told him we were waiting until Christmas to open all the presents.

S and I decided not to exchange gifts and to instead save our money for a possible family trip in February or March. We canceled our trip to Maui when we found out about the twins and the high risk of losing one or both of them. It was going to be our first big trip with just the 3 of us and no extra relatives. I still want that.

1 comment:

Maryam said...

I'm not even bothering to put out a single present until Christmas Eve. I'm too freaking big to be getting down on the floor to rewrap.