Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2 months

2 month appointment today.

Weight: 10 lbs, 10 oz (25th percentile)
Length: 23 inches (50th percentile)
Head circumference: 39.5 cm (between 25th and 50th percentile)

The pediatrician was pleased at the (almost) 2 lb gain in a month. He asked me "So, when did your milk finally come in?" Huh? I told him the milk was always there, it was the baby who wasn't taking it all.

I felt very smug indeed when I told him that I stopped all the supplements of expressed milk immediately after AB's 1-month appointment.

He agreed that I'd done a very good job of turning things around.

Huzzah! And now I don't have to go back for 2 more months.

AB has been VERY irritable today after his (4) shots. I don't think he's slept more than a couple of 10-15 minute stretches since we got home. He's pretty much been hanging out on the boob.

I finally got him to sleep by swaddling him. Now I bet KB will wake him up when he and Daddy get home from swimming. Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad BFing is working out better this time. I know it was a rough start, but you did well.