Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We have a date

At my last appointment (3 weeks ago, at 28 weeks), I told my physician's assistant that I had a date in mind for my scheduled c-section. She said that the woman who handles the surgery schedule only works Tuesdays and Thursdays, so she'd make a note in my chart and the scheduler would call me the next day.

The scheduler did indeed call, and proceeded to tell me that the date I had chosen would not work because my ob-gyn was going to be on vacation all that week. Keep in mind that my ob-gyn has been telling me since Day 1 that she would schedule my c-section for approximately one week before my due date.

The scheduler continued, "How about July 7th?" I told her that's the one date I'd like to avoid, seeing as it's KB's birthday and all. She replied that I needed to talk to my ob-gyn to figure out logistics, so she changed my 31 week appointment to be with Dr. G instead of with my fave physician's assistant.

I figured my choices were (a) schedule the c-section for the date I wanted, to be performed by the other ob-gyn in the practice, or (b) wait for my ob-gyn to get back from vacation.

Had my 31 week appointment this morning and talked with Dr. G about scheduling. She doesn't want to take a chance on my going into labor on my own, so she wants to do the c-section earlier rather than later. She said her vacation plans are still not set in stone, so she will most likely work the Monday and/or Tuesday of July 4th week.

This means my c-section is tentatively scheduled for July 1st (the date we wanted originally). If by chance Dr. G decides to go on vacation then, she will push the date back to June 30.

Oy. I am soooooo not ready. And by that I mean mentally, physically, emotionally.

The only thing I have accomplished thus far is to wash one load of baby clothes. That's it.

Sheets, towels, washcloths: unwashed.

Nursery? Still has two desks, two bookshelves, filing crates, and lots of miscellaneous papers (not to mention all my craft supplies in the closet).

KB's big boy room? Needs all the furniture moved out, needs to be primed & painted, needs to have his big boy furniture brought in from the garage and assembled. Oh, and a mattress for his new bed would be nice.

I am just under 8 weeks until the big day and I have no idea how I'm going to get anything done. No energy, no motivation.

I keep telling myself it's OK if I just get the co-sleeper, Pack n Play, and changing table set up by the time the baby comes. But S is getting really twitchy about wanting the office to be converted to the nursery.

No comments: