Wednesday, May 28, 2008

34 weeks

Crazy. Unbelievable.

I'm amazed that I'm already at 34 weeks. After the first trimester, with all its attendant fear and panic that Things Would Not Go Well, this pregnancy has gone by much too fast.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready and my honest answer is, no. In no way am I ready.

This morning KB and S came to wake me up and the three of us snuggled together in bed for a while. It was joyous and wonderful and sad, all at the same time. I couldn't stop kissing KB's cheek and stroking his soft hair.

I am already mourning the loss of our "three-ness". I am worried how KB is going to react to having a little brother who receives the lion's share of our attention for a while.

I have so much to say but I really need to finish up some work. Tomorrow is my last day before I put myself on maternity leave (as a contractor, I don't get any paid maternity leave, but I am giving myself a full 4 weeks to stay home before the scheduled delivery date).

For several days now, I've been mulling over a post I really want & need to write about my mother and her attitude towards this pregnancy. I suspect that entry will come sometime next week when I am at home alone with my thoughts.

Under 5 weeks to go. I'm not in panic mode...yet. I'm sure I'll get there soon.

1 comment:

Maryam said...

But what the three-ness is replaced by is absolutely wonderful. And just having the baby won't take away those moments either. We still have times where it's three of us while Max is asleep.