Monday, July 30, 2007

Wake up call

KB slept in today...6:00! I know -- ugh. As a lifelong night owl, it pains me greatly that my son is SUCH an early bird. Ugh. I hope he outgrows it. I don't have high hopes, given how the men in S's family pride themselves on needing very little sleep.

Anyway, I went in and lay down on the comforter next to his crib just hoping for a few more minutes of sleep. He was a real chatterbox this morning.

"I wanna Lightning Keen blanket." I put it on him. "No Mommy! I no wanna Lightning Keen blanket! Take it off!"

"I needa go downstairs and watch Crehbuls." [The Incredibles -- he's a Pixar fan]

"Where's the train, Mommy? Where's the train that goes 'chugga chugga choo choo WOO WOO!'??"

"I wanna read 'Me Cookie' in the glider."

Thinking he might read quietly so I could doze for a couple more minutes (hahahaha! I kill me!!), I got him out of the crib and he climbed into the glider with a couple of books.

S. came in then and took over while I went to the loo. Apparently there was more funny chatter forthcoming:

"I'm going to take a small nap in the bed" (as he got down from the glider and lay down on the comforter I had just vacated).

followed by "7 o'clock is the time to get up".

Where he got this last one, I have no idea. Usually when I try to get him to sleep longer, I'll say something like "Mommy's watch says we need to sleep for 10 (or 20 or 30) more minutes." But I don't usually tell him specific times.

I wish he'd listen to himself. 7 o'clock IS a much more reasonable time to get up, buddy. Now if I could just figure out the magic incantation to make it so.

2 comments:

Maryam said...

I wish my child would wake up early. Not 6 am early, but earlier than 9 or 10. He is a night owl and stays up until 11. Making it to midnight is not a problem for him. Anything to get my night back to myself.

pithydithy said...

6 am is wrong, wrong, wrong. I feel for you.