Monday, September 8, 2008

Nursing is a full-time job!

I love that breastfeeding AB is going well. I do. I love that he is filling out and actually getting rolls on his thighs.

Sometimes as I watch him nursing, I hear him gulping and swallowing and marvel that I am making ACTUAL MILK! I'm feeding him! Me!

Other times I wonder who is sneaking into our house in the middle of the night and feeding this child. It boggles my mind that I am producing 100% of his nourishment.

Nursing sessions are still lasting forever. I know I should not complain. At least AB feeds about every 3 hours, not every 2 hours. And the last two nights have been lovely, with some 5+ hour stretches of sleep.

But I do feel that I am becoming one with the couch. I feel as if there is a baby on my boob just about all the time.

Tonight I took KB out to dinner after I fed AB. I wanted to spend some time with my sweet angel boy, just the two of us. I knew our relationship would be different once we had a second baby, but I wasn't prepared for how much I would miss him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first few months are really hard. Because AB takes up almost all your time right now. Trust me, things will get better. There will be a different dynamic with 2 children, but it becomes better, and more fun and satisfying as a mom.